BEST BEACHES NEAR PORT ANGELESSo many beaches...so little time! There are no shortage of beaches to visit here in the Olympic Peninsula. We are going to focus on a few of our favorite -
BEST BEACHES NEAR PORT ANGELES, WA
Dated: June 20 2023
BEST BEACHES NEAR PORT ANGELES
So many beaches...so little time! There are no shortage of beaches to visit here in the Olympic Peninsula. We are going to focus on a few of our favorite - must see - beaches near Port Angeles. Whether you want to go surfing, beachcombing, tide pool exploring, camping or hiking this list has something for every adventure seeker!
- Saltwater Creek Recreation Area - Our personal favorite! Exceptional tide pools, surfing, hiking, camping, beachcombing - you name it this place has it all! Highly recommend the Striped Peak trail, a 5 mile out and back trail - don't miss The Cove. Reserve early to stay in the campground!
- Ediz Hook - How can we not put Ediz Hook on this list! A great place for tracking bird migration, having a picnic, kayaking or just watching the sunset. A popular local spot for walking, biking and the best views of Port Angeles. Keep a lookout for sunbathing seals!
- Freshwater Bay Park - A beautiful spot to launch your kayak or have a picnic. This protected Bay is ideal for wildlife watching so keep an eye out for river otters, orcas, harbor seals, dolphins & whales.
- Murdoch Beach - Stop at the historic General Store in Joyce, WA on your way - you won't be disappointed! Catch this beach at low tide to see why it is also called "round rock beach". Fossil beach is another name used for this beach due to the wide variety of fossilized rocks.
- Elwha Beach - Also known as Place Rd beach - Truly a local surfing hangout! Grab your surf board or just hang out on beach and watch the action.